• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

East Fort Rock Trip???

Bronzewyrm

NAXJA Forum User
I found this today.

http://www.rideatvoregon.org/wheretoride/view/dsp_location.cfm?siteid=28

MAP: http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5397900.pdf

There is a multi section of trails that have been named "CHESLEY'S CHALLENGE" after the man who started the trail system and cut these trails. It says its 53 miles. Id like to tackle it, but id want a couple people to tag along with me. I don't know if it is doable in one night, so plan on finding a camp spot mid trail if needed. This trail system has more than 300 Miles of trails and is connected to two other trail systems. from the looks of it you could be on trail FOREVER if you wanted...

Anybody interested? if so id like to start looking at the calendar soon.

Bronze.

I commented on FB about this. Mostly Class 1/3 trails at Fort Rock. I'll be in the area in a few weeks, I'll take pictures of the Class 2 trails. They're pretty much gravel roads (with lots of washboard)

Re: Re: East Fort Rock Trip???

Is this also where "Peters creek" is?:pig:

Yes, that's southeast of East Fork Rock. There's also Edison, near Mt Bachelor, not a lot of trails but tight, technical tire shredding fun. Cline butte near Sisters. I haven't been there since it became an official OHV area but I understand the trails are a lot of fun. Millican is more of a riding area that trails.

Farther out is Morrow County trails which from my understanding has a ton of variation and more miles than anyplace else. But it's also WAY out there.

Yes, that's southeast of East Fork Rock. There's also Edison, near Mt Bachelor, not a lot of trails but tight, technical tire shredding fun. Cline butte near Sisters. I haven't been there since it became an official OHV area but I understand the trails are a lot of fun. Millican is more of a riding area that trails.

Farther out is Morrow County trails which from my understanding has a ton of variation and more miles than anyplace else. But it's also WAY out there.

id like to stop on the way out and check out Santiam pass. Hit up youtube on "Quack Attack" it will get you interested im sure. Edison is my next, there is a 1-15 mile loop of a trail that also has a "shelter" on trail we could check out. Fort rock is the unit my family has hunted(mule deer) since I was a little kid. I know the area to be Awesome. even if there are not many class II trails. Cline buttes and fort rock seem to have a limited amount of Class II trails, but the areas look to be bigger than the Evans creek site, I remain optimistic about the trails there. I want to stay away from millican as it Is more free range wheeling like Ryan said. McCoy is on my list for a day trip here soon.

Bronze.

Re: Re: East Fort Rock Trip???

id like to stop on the way out and check out Santiam pass. Hit up youtube on "Quack Attack" it will get you interested im sure. Edison is my next, there is a 1-15 mile loop of a trail that also has a "shelter" on trail we could check out. Fort rock is the unit my family has hunted(mule deer) since I was a little kid. I know the area to be Awesome. even if there are not many class II trails. Cline buttes and fort rock seem to have a limited amount of Class II trails, but the areas look to be bigger than the Evans creek site, I remain optimistic about the trails there. I want to stay away from millican as it Is more free range wheeling like Ryan said. McCoy is on my list for a day trip here soon.

Bronze.

Yeah I've done the loop at Edison on quads. You will receive body damage. I've been wanting to check out Santiam and McCoy for a while, though I wonder how much the trails are trails vs gravel roads that are now considered trails.

Yeah I've done the loop at Edison on quads. You will receive body damage. I've been wanting to check out Santiam and McCoy for a while, though I wonder how much the trails are trails vs gravel roads that are now considered trails.

Yeah, That really is the question burning in my mind! one way to find out. maby ill trade the sleeper out for a quad and a trailer for this trip. make the most of it...

Bronze.

Back