• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trans cooler line help

Oregon91XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 91 jeep cherokee and i just bought a new upper trans cooler line. the line coming out of the radiator will not fit into the new line end. why is this was it just a bad part or is it something else. all input helps.

. May have gotten the wrong diameter on the hose quick connect.
I think there were 2 different sizes IIRC. Could be mistaken.

The quick connects are a PITA to hook up and unhook in general really.
May need to push harder.
I'd just cut the quick connect off and use 3/8" hose n 2 hose clamps at either end..

Won't fit as in too big...or too small.

The tranny line is 3/8". The "seal" part of the connector has 2 o-rings and a spacer. I slide on one o-ring, then the spacer, then the other o-ring on the male side. Then push the female side on to the nipple until it "clicks". With the emphasis on click.

If you try to stuff the o-ring, spacer, and o-ring in to the female side it'll likely get crossed up. If you don't have the spacer, it'll be loose (as in, won't seal). If the clip that holds it all in is too small (they come in 3/8" and 5/16 [for fuel line] ) it won't fit tight either.

Won't fit as in too big...or too small.

The tranny line is 3/8". The "seal" part of the connector has 2 o-rings and a spacer. I slide on one o-ring, then the spacer, then the other o-ring on the male side. Then push the female side on to the nipple until it "clicks". With the emphasis on click.

If you try to stuff the o-ring, spacer, and o-ring in to the female side it'll likely get crossed up. If you don't have the spacer, it'll be loose (as in, won't seal). If the clip that holds it all in is too small (they come in 3/8" and 5/16 [for fuel line] ) it won't fit tight either.

it is to small an the female end the plastic clip hits the female end and will not go in.

Back