• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D35 to 8.25 swap

Faz95XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Working on swapping my D35 with an 8.25.

My rig is a 95 and I have done a SYE and new drive shaft. It seem like the driveshaft I have is just a hair too long now that I have the 8.25 under the rig. I can't compress the shaft enough to get it installed.

Anyone experience to before? Any recommendations on how the make it fit?

Pretty sure the 8.25 is longer than the D35, so you'll need to get a different shaft or have it shortened. I don't believe there is any "making it fit" scenario, unless you lift it more. :)

Is it the same length as your front shaft? Maybe measure and see or swap front to rear. Maybe JY or CL.

just get it shortened and balanced. if you cant find a driveshaft shop locally, look for an axle guy or heavy equipment shop and ask who they use.

Got a name of place that will shorten and balance for about $100. One day turnaround too so that is not too bad. I checked in with Dirk at DPG (I got the lift, SYE and DS from him years ago) and he had a few ideas to try before I go out and shorten the shaft or get a new one. Will see what happens. Thanks to all for the feedback/responses.

Had a local shop build me 3 cv driveshafts over the span of seven years or so. Greased the.centering ball every other oil.change.

Finally called Tom woods.

Back