• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94 Power window issues.

Special K

NAXJA Forum User
So I've done some searching and experimenting and I'm still stumped.

I've got a 94 sport 4.0 and the power windows all work from the drivers door control but none from their own door (except driver).
Most of the fixes I've found for the child lock were for 97+ and didn't apply here. I did try to jump the wires anyway and that didn't help. A test light shows the switch to be working as far as I can tell. I also tried a few different switches on the passenger door.

Where do I look from here?

Thanks.

I tracked the wiring down to where it goes under the drivers feet and there was a gap in the wires where some sort of connection used to be.

After a few patches I got everything to work except for the left rear window. It worked from the drivers door controls before but doesn't now. Not sure what to make of that but oh well better than it was. We'll try to sir the rest out later.
Whoever decided to put a plastic connector directly under the drivers feet shouldn't be allowed to engineer a grocery bag.

Back