• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sye?!?! HELP

NickLovesMarissa

NAXJA Forum User
Now that I got your attention. I've read about a slip yoke eliminator. I'm confused. I'm doing my homework before I buy a 91-95 cherokee. I already know everything I gonna hopefully do to it but are sye's cheap which method is cheaper hack and tap or standard sye? Would y'all trust a Craigslist sye? Is it a nessesity? I've read the write up too it helped but I still got my questions. You guys have been great all I need is for y'all to bear with me. Thanks

Nicklovesmarissa-

I always go with SYE.

It shouldn't really matter if you have an NP242 or an NP231.

Tom Woods makes an SYE kit even for the NP242. I'm running it.

HackNTap is cheaper. I don't trust Craigslist for ANYTHING. My XJ was a craigslist find, though. If you are looking at 91-95 XJs you might not even need to consider a SYE till you lift over 4". It should be way down the list of things to worry about on a Jeep you don't even have yet.

i think us that are stock or close think we assume everything needs changed out with any kind of lift. i would drop TC an " before trying SYE

Now that I got your attention. I've read about a slip yoke eliminator. I'm confused. I'm doing my homework before I buy a 91-95 cherokee. I already know everything I gonna hopefully do to it but are sye's cheap which method is cheaper hack and tap or standard sye? Would y'all trust a Craigslist sye? Is it a nessesity? I've read the write up too it helped but I still got my questions. You guys have been great all I need is for y'all to bear with me. Thanks

Nicklovesmarissa-

dude, buy the Jeep first, drive it for a while and learn as you go. you will develop actual questions rather than hypothetical ones as you get into maintenance and repair, and then into modification. in that order..
the modifications "required" depend on the overall package, and personal needs. a stock rig doesnt "need" an SYE, nor does every lifted XJ. depends on the set-up and specific equipment.
there isnt any reason not to trust "craigslist parts" ... you may find a good part or kit for sale by a reputable person. that has nothing to do with trusting the part. it's about trusting the person.
spend more time reading these forums and taking in everything you read.
i'm certainly not bashing you here, i over-think stuff too, but get a Jeep first and ask about the issues at hand, not the ones you want to have.

dude, buy the Jeep first, drive it for a while and learn as you go. you will develop actual questions rather than hypothetical ones as you get into maintenance and repair, and then into modification. in that order..
the modifications "required" depend on the overall package, and personal needs. a stock rig doesnt "need" an SYE, nor does every lifted XJ. depends on the set-up and specific equipment.
there isnt any reason not to trust "craigslist parts" ... you may find a good part or kit for sale by a reputable person. that has nothing to do with trusting the part. it's about trusting the person.
spend more time reading these forums and taking in everything you read.
i'm certainly not bashing you here, i over-think stuff too, but get a Jeep first and ask about the issues at hand, not the ones you want to have.

^x2

If you have good mechanical skills and a steady hand a hack and tap is a good choice. If not then get a typical SYE kit. This is a very common mod for a reason and is a good choice.

Back