• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dual battery help needed

moontree69

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99 cherokee classic 4.0 that I'm living out of. I'm hooking up dual battery and isolator for hours of TV and LED light, wandering how to connect alt. to and what to do with the wire from alt. to fuse box? Will this work below? Please and thank you

This may seem pretty straight forward to someone who knows this stuff, but I should have stuck 'Noob' on the thread title.

I need 'baby-step' instructions like:

Disconnect the existing wire running from the fuse/distribution box to the alternator at the point where it connects to the alternator.

Run a new wire from that output post on the alternator to the input post on the isolator.

Connect the lead running from the alternator to the fuse box (?) to the output #1 post on the isolator.

Connect a minimum 6ga (?) cable from the output #2 terminal of the isolator to the battery positive lead in the rear of the car.

Connect a minimum 6ga (?) cable from the battery in the rear of the car to the chassis to a point that will provide a strong ground (?).

Back