• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wj swap alignment questions

moparcyco

NAXJA Forum User
Just finished up my wj steering swap on my 91.Tried to set the toe with a tape to get it close.I also swapped the upper control arms to adjustables,my question is can you dial a little more castor with these?Or have the alignment set to stock xj specs?I went crossover steering with dom and offset tie rods.This is my first real attempt at fabbing anything just want it to drive nice and not ruin my new tires.Thanks guys

You can increase your caster by shortening the upper arms, but if this will affect pinion angle, not a huge deal with a stock-height ride, but any suspension lift and you may get some vibration/binding.

You can increase your caster by shortening the upper arms, but if this will affect pinion angle, not a huge deal with a stock-height ride, but any suspension lift and you may get some vibration/binding.

I am right at 5.5 inches of lift.Just read a bunch how you can add castor with adjustable arms.Sounds like factory setting is best here?Searched some today but did not see a real direct answer.

Set to factory spec. Drive it and see how it is. Adjust accordingly.

I've found that I like as much caster as I can get while keeping a decent pinion angle. I've been very tempted to rotate the C-but haven't gone that far yet.

I always, only, set my alignment with a tape measure. 9 times out of 10 my free home alignment handles just as good if not better than any shops $60 alignment.

Back