• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift question

Noslo_2

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have a 3" lift with just lift coils in the front and add a leaf in the rear. I have a set of 2" extended rear shackles for the rear I wanna put on and budget puck on top of my front coils so the back doesn't sit high. Once this is done am I gong to have to extend my brake cable and do a transfer case drop kit in? Anything else?

At 5 inches of lift you're starting to get to the point where you'll need adjustable control arms (or drop brackets or Long arms), SYE, address steering angles, etc...

why do you need 5" so bad ?

the 2-3" AAL in the rear will settle as is, adding a 2" shackle will make that pack flatten out to 3" of total lift (1" leaf lift) real fast. so go for some full 3.5" packs and a 1.5-2" shackle and you'll be better off.

get some good shocks. research shocks, but a monotube shock like a bilstien 5150 is a good place to start.

You might need degree shims to get the rear DS angles in line, the tcase drop helps with that. You'll find out real fast too. Might get lucky with some new U joints.

yes you should do brakelines at 5". also at 5" you'll want adjustable control arms.

steering. whats your drag link tie rod setup?

what bumpstops do you plan to run ?

consider staying at 3" and trimming the fenders for your 31s. I used to run 33" swampers on a saggy 3" lift back in the day, trim and bumpstop.

Back