• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Service Manual Question

B.RAIDER

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have 2 running and driving XJ's...An 88' and a 91'. I also have 2 XJ's for parts. a 96' and a 89'.
I'm am working on the 88' as it has fewer problems than the 91'.
I have a question as to ordering a factory manual that would cover all of them from Pacific Coast Manuals.
Is there a certain one (they range from 88 to 05 on their web site) that I should order to cover my 4 different years, or should I order one for the 88 and one for the 96?
I know about the difference in the Renix and the HO's.

Since they have vastly different engine management systems you want a manual for each one you are planning to drive, or for each engine management system. One might suppose you could save $7.95 of aggravation for each XJ by owning the correct manual.

A service manual that covers all years is called Haynes or Chilton's, and we all know how worthless those are.

In all honesty, the Haynes XJ manual isn't all that bad... Though with the cost of $7.95 for a FSM, the amount of info contained in that document puts the Haynes to shame.

Personally, I have not had much trouble with the engine management on my XJs, not enough to buy multiple FSMs. However, if B Raider buys both years FSM's, he is at the price of a Haynes at the local Auto Parts house. Seems like a deal to me :)

-Ron

Back