• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thoughts on Plasti Dip ??

WashougalXJ

NAXJA Forum User
What are peoples thoughts on this product? I keep seeing adds on craiglist with peoples cars and wheels plasti dipped. I can't tell if its something I would like. So what say you guys?

Bad idea for rims on a rig that sees trail time. they'd look in pretty bad shape after a couple runs.
Plasti-dip IS good for things like emblems though, so if you wanted to murder out a jeep badge, then I'd say go for it.
As for the car as a whole, I dunno man, seems like a few tight trails, and some offroad pin-striping and that plasti-dip would go bye bye.
But as with anything "paint wise" ...it may all come down to the prep, and the application.

Yeah thanks NW99XJ, Thats kinda what I was thinking. It just looked like a quick fix to my paint problem.

But you could easily do a custom color

OmvKrhz.jpg

Love the stuff. Thought about painting the roof or grille black as an accent. Instead I just touched up my black plastic door trim. Looks brand new and I can wash it time and time again. Just need a min. of 5 coats I'd say.
Id stay away from any areas that could be touched or scraped often, like what was said earlier, it will rip off fairly easily if caught right.

a kid in Corvallis did his whole car in white. if you touch it even with clean hands it leaves prints. I had to tow it to a shop and after I dropped it off they wanted to refuse to work on it.

Back