• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 XJ Fuel Line Check Valve Failure

Leedog13

NAXJA Forum User
Not the first guy to post about this, but cannot locate a check valve to install in-line to make up for the bad one in the pump so I don't have to crank 2-3x before Big Bob turns over...I emailed a BMW place, they said they discontinued years ago, and don't have anything like it...Anyone out there have a good substitute? THANKS A BUNCH!

Part of the email chain below....
======================================================
Hello,

I am looking for part # 16149068988 Check valve kit.

Having no luck to this point.

Please advise of availability.

Thank you.

[FONT=&quot]Hello Lee,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for giving us the opportunity to earn your business. Unfortunately, the part you are looking for has been discontinued for a few years. There is no immediate substitute available.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please let me know if we can help with anything else.[/FONT]

=======================================================

I found and ordered the orig BMW part number from top3racing, excited to see if they deliver! Was under $4 under $12 with shipping.

Thanks!

Be careful running a check valve without a return line. When I looked into this for my '96 I found too many instances of folks suddenly getting a pressurized fuel leak. That doesn't give me warm fuzzies.

I succeeded in replacing the fuel pressure regulator. I know the FSM says it is a non-serviceable part, but I went ahead and serviced it anyway.

There is an active thread in OEM Tech about this: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1112117

Just putting this out there for your consideration.

Thanks Anak, I will be careful. Regardless, the company who sold me the check valve yesterday, emailed me today and told me they have discontinued that product as well....

THANK YOU:patriot:

Back