• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Running a heim on IRO trackbar?

Cburb88XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a iro double shear track bar i shortened for wj swap and bracket and would like to swap out the frame side threaded in bushing for a heim. Was curious what size and I assume I would need mis alignment spacers for this since the bracket is wide enough to fit that iro bushing. Just curious how I would go about doing so.

It will take a 7/8 rht heim. How much did you shorten it? I tried to swap out the bushing on mine, but the heim did not have enough thread engagement to safely run it. So if you shortened it based of the bushings length it may not work.

Get matching 2" high-mis spacers

I shortened it at the very center of the bar. When I measured it to cut I pretty much cut it to where it was the right length without any adjustments. I only had the bushing unscrewed maybe an inch just incase for whatever reason. The factory bushing has a real deep thread on it too. So I need a 7/8 threaded heim? But I guess the heim itself needs to be 3/4 or 5/8 or whatever the bolt hole is. they make different size mis alignment spacers not sure what I'd need. I think the trackbar mount is like a little over 1.25 wide. Was hoping to order from ruffstuff. Just have no experience with heims really.

I think This Link is what you need.
A 7/8 heim with a 3/4 hole, further reduced to 1/2" with misalignment spacers, at 2" width.

I saw that one on their site but it doesnt look like it has much threads and I won't need a tube insert. So I would need 2x 3/4-1/2 mis alignment spacers that make up how wide it needs to be?

Back