• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pairing up Newbies?

MoparManiac

NAXJA Forum User
Any new people coming out to NACfest? Post up!

I saw another chapter pair up new people with more experienced people for a day and it seemed to work out great! Great way to break the ice and get out and have a good time without worrying about slowing down a group or anything.

We could do this whichever day works best for everyone. Maybe Friday? Depends on when everyone is coming down.

i'll be there thursday night hopefully. i'll be running greens/blues all weekend.. i'd love to show some newjacks around the property, as well as explore the NE side. my keyword for the weekend will be "relaxing," as i will be probably focused more so on taking pictures than doing anything challenging.

I should be up there Friday afternoon. Sounds like a good idea. I'm down for greens/blues if the need is there.

It'll be my first NACFest so I'd really like to do something like this. I have to drive my rig home after so I'd like to stick with greens and blues. Ill be coming Saturday morning.

It'll be my first NACFest so I'd really like to do something like this. I have to drive my rig home after so I'd like to stick with greens and blues. Ill be coming Saturday morning.

We can absolutely set something up for you.

Talk to Bill or myself when you come to register and hand in your safety/liability forms.

Glad you're going to make it out!

This is my first NACfest as well. I've been to Rausch for the Ultra4 qualifiers a couple of times, but never really seen any of the park or trails except the two different camping areas. I don't even know what greens and blues mean.

I'm on 33s with a locker up front and a trash lok in the rear.

We are bringing my 21 month old (by then) daughter with us. I believe that my wife and her will wheel on Friday, so the lazy, laid back, tour trail day would be good that day and then they will probably enjoy the campground on Saturday and I'd like to do stuff a bit more challenging.

We are then headed to Harlan, KY on Sunday for the NAXJA 15th birthday party at the Crawl the following week. So I'd like to not be wrenching on my vacation.

mac 'can't wait' gyvr

greens and blues kind of intermingle at RC, depending on conditions, but both of which you'll have no issue on. Blacks start to get into bigger rocks and more technical, but i've run plenty of those on 33s open F/R without issue. Some blacks are a cake walk, some are almost a red. It all depends on the trail.

People who know the trails will be leading groups so just consult with them to suit your style and capabilities.

Awesome! We'll be sure to get you paired up with some "old timers" when you arrive.
As Colin (MoparManiac) mentioned see myself (White XJ, Red Cage, 39.5s) as I'll be handing out registrations anyway or him (MJ on 40s with a 440 sticking out the hood). You really can't miss either one of us.

I'd be happy to take out a "smaller group" one day.
I'll have an open passenger seat for the entire event. If somebody wants to deal with me, I'll be glad to take them out ;)
Must hold my tongue. Must hold my tongue. ;)

Seriously though, Ross is a good dude that will show the new guys the ropes if anyone needs a seat.
This is my first NACfest as well. I've been to Rausch for the Ultra4 qualifiers a couple of times, but never really seen any of the park or trails except the two different camping areas. I don't even know what greens and blues mean.

I'm on 33s with a locker up front and a trash lok in the rear.

We are bringing my 21 month old (by then) daughter with us. I believe that my wife and her will wheel on Friday, so the lazy, laid back, tour trail day would be good that day and then they will probably enjoy the campground on Saturday and I'd like to do stuff a bit more challenging.

We are then headed to Harlan, KY on Sunday for the NAXJA 15th birthday party at the Crawl the following week. So I'd like to not be wrenching on my vacation.

mac 'can't wait' gyvr
33s and lockers you'll be fine all the way up through blue/black trails. Blacks and reds you'll be getting body damage and/or hammering down on stuff. If you've even been up to NH style trails you've got nothing to worry about. Rausch trails are wide and almost paved comparatively. :laugh: There are some easy nice trails on the "new property" (not really new anymore) across the way that would be nice if a group wants to go over there one day.

Greens you can do in your tow rig.

greens you can do in your tow rig.

ybehegy2.jpg

Are you sure?

thanks for the trail explanations...

mac 'hope you guys don't spot for entertainment value?' gyvr

mac "your tow rig will be fine on reds" gyvr

Back