• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ with salvaged z71 bilsteins?

radioflyer

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, just bought a 2000 jeep xj sportbone stock. I'm thinking about doing a bastard pack lift and was wondering if I could save money and use bilsteins from a z71 out of a pick n pull. Is it possible? I plan on lifting 3in with s10 leaf springs and buying stuff for the front from a buddy.

Valving schmalving....throw em on....make sure you do the hoop conversion so you have three shocks on each corner.

The valving will OBVIOUSLY be way off, but if you don't mind your xj riding like shit, who cares?

Shocks valved for a Comanche aren't even close enough,
So once you factor in a heavy motor, the weights are way off.

Look...you can do the bastard pack and come out with decent performance/ride. The shocks are your problem. If you wanna do it on a budget, consider jk red bodies but don't expect miracles. Better than full body truck shocks, yes.

I wouldn't be afraid to try them. I've got a Z71 Tahoe with the 5100 series Bilsteins, and they're valved pretty soft IMHO. In fact the ride was stiffer with the 200k+ OEM shocks that where on it before I replaced them. Worst comes to worst I'm betting you could at least make what they cost you back to sell them on Craigslist if you don't like them...

Back