• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon front axle...

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
So if I've read right, the rubicon wranglers front axle is just a 44 center with 30 knuckles and C's? If so would that mean the crossover knuckles of the rubicon axle can be fitted on to a d30?? I might have came upon some knuckles that I do believe came off a rubicon axle. If so what would be need to fit on to a 97 d30?

I have a Rubicon 44 in my cherokee. As far as I know its the same as a dana 30 from the center sections out. That is the case with TJ 44's. Jk 44's are different. You should have no problem swapping the inner c's to my knowledge.

What do you mean by that?
03-06 is TJ stuff, 07+is JK.

TJ stuff is the same as XJ stuff. Even the TJ rubicon outers are the same as the XJ outers.

JKs have Completely different axles. You cannot put the outers from a JK on a TJ or XJ axle

The swap you are looking for is WJ.

03-06 is TJ stuff, 07+is JK.

TJ stuff is the same as XJ stuff. Even the TJ rubicon outers are the same as the XJ outers.

JKs have Completely different axles. You cannot put the outers from a JK on a TJ or XJ axle

The swap you are looking for is WJ.

Ya I knew about the wj swap but was hoping to be able to do the cross over with these knuckles as they had looked to fit sitting them next to my axle. I'm assuming I have the jk knuckles then if the tj knuckles don't do cross over steering?

Back