• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock tuning

Boom1699

NAXJA Forum User
My shocks are limiting my droop I have the 4.5 inch clayton radius style 4 link long arm kit using billstein 5100 shocks I've bottomed them out any way to tune the shock for more droop and less compression even if I would have to make a bracket to raise the shock I'm open to ideas

Please use periods.

I'm running the same lift and shocks. I have the 11" travel shocks with some stem adapters. They are just about limiting my travel right along with my steering. I have 3" uptravel and the rest down.

You cant tune this shock. Figure out how they are limiting the travel, then you can get shock cheaters from Detours Offroad, or measure for new ones.

Why not start at step 1 of the process rather than step 100???? MEASURE...... Determine what you need THEN decide best method of resolving the issue.. Yes you can relocate the shock mounts higher and lower.... YES you can add bumps stops. Yes you can add limit straps. Yes you can get the correct length of shock for your setup. All can all should probably be done, should probably have been done as part of installing the lift in the first place.

Back