• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best epoxy/glue to fix Bushwacker fenders

MUKAK714

NAXJA Forum User
just got me a set of Bushwacker pocketstyle flares for a good deal, but they need some tlc

has any1 replaced cracks on the flares and what glue/cement/epoxy did you guys use? i have a buncha JB WELD but i dont think it will hold up well

thanks

Once they start cracking, there is really no fixing them.

JB Weld makes some decent plastic repair products.

The best stuff comes from weld-on.

Swing by Paragon Plastics retail outlet in Santa Ana and see if they can offer you a good product. Tell them Cal sent you by. Should be a short drive for you.

1908 McFadden Ave
Santa Ana, CA
(714) 835-8181

Sometimes people use fiberglass patching on the INSIDE and then fill the outside voids with something like a plastic glue and sand smooth.

Fiberglass is significantly harder than the plastic so if you use it on the outside it will not sand evenly and will be hard to smooth out. But using it inside will stop the cracking and greatly strengthen them.

The only way to fix them... is to sell them.

They are a thermo plastic, so you can heat weld them.

But as with all things plastic, once you repair them they will tend to rebreak near the same location.

-Ron

Back