• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear washer fluid peeing on cars behind me...

notamos

NAXJA Forum User
I installed a new wiper arm as the spring in my OEM one was rusted. Anyway, the new tube will NOT stay on the little nipple. SO, everytime I hit my rear washer, it pops off and pisses on the car behind me. I don't mind, but they do. :laugh:

Any idea how to keep this one on? Anyone know if you can be a replacement tube, only?

Silicone, epoxy or super glue?

I looked at the factory parts catalog and didn't see this listed. The dealer may have a different system so a call may turn something up. You may want to try and get some hose at the parts store, or try a zip tie or crazy glue?

it is a feature... don't fix it. If they get sprayed they were too close anyways :laugh2:

My last 2dr had that same affliction. One tiny drop of superglue gel on the nipple, then pushed the hose on. Never popped off again.
My current xj pees on the people behind me, but it's because the little nipple is broken off. Wonder if i can still get the little bezel/nipple deal new somewhere?

Teamcherokee used to have them years ago, but I think they stopped carrying it. I know either the 96- or 97+ design one is NLA at this point.

small constant tension clamp.
You'll find it in the help section in a small blister pack. It's for coolant recovery bottles.

not to hijack, but... it looks like it's still available from the dealer new. $13.something with tax. take about 3 days to get one in.
dry ice or something for a smoke screen would be cool...

Last edited:
Back