• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil SPrings for a '98 Up Country 4.0HO

NZOLIVER

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all!:sunshine:

Can anyone please tell me the 'free length' of the coils for the XJs.
I need a couple and there is a place here that sells them but they can't tell me whether they are standard or Up Country length.:banghead:

Can anyone enlighten me please??:(

I have had a hell of a time just getting my springs re-set as there is NOBODY here in New Zealand that can supply new leaf springs!!:explosion

Thanks

Oliver:eyes:

Standard coils are about 14.0"
UpCountry are about 16.5"

Is OME, not based out of aussieland? Not far from you.

Hi,
Yes they are!:rof:

Thanks TimMN:):wave:

But....they DON'T want to know about non lifted vehicles and they don't do leaf springs. :(
Waste of space for me really. :greensmok

Sooooo, here's what i'm having to do..:repair:

Going to get a pair out of a low mileage dismantled truck and have a set re-set or made to factory spec. This has a been a PITA getting data. Spoke to a spring maker today and he tells me he can make some.
We measured the diameter of the spring wire today @14mm and counted the 9 1/2 turns. The ones I found at the dismantler are 17" long and have only done 92000 miles. So, chuck 'em in the oven and tidy them up. CHeck lengths etc and see how it goes! :greensmok

Thoughts anyone?

Back