• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my build begins

kippo1

NAXJA Forum User
1998 4 door was bone stock. I started yesterday and pulled front and reat diffs to do the regear and lockers. So I didnt take any picks during the pulling diffs part I figured that had probably been covered enough.

Now that all that is out ill be pulling transfer case for the sye this week and installing frame stiffeners Then rc 4.5 la lift. So far I only had my sway bar links on the front snap off.

Both my hub bearings are bad also.

Ill also be droping oil pan to replace gasket and rear main seal. New rotors, turn drums, and pads and shoes.

So as stated next will be the frame stiffners. So ill take some photos of that if any of you want me to. Just let me know.

I ment to take a before photo and I forgot.

Ahhh so the infamous twist and break rear shock bolts. My wife asked me if I wanted to work on the jeep tonight when I met her and our kids (6mos and 2.5 yrs old) at the playground. I said yes she left me alone while I was working on drilling the broken bolts out for all of 55 mins then camebout giving me a guilt trip about working on the jeep and not helping with the kids. ????????? So I :explosion and then went inside got cleaned up and sat while she rocked the baby. So I came in to help with the kids but she wouldnt let me do anything. And she wonders why I wont start my own business.

escalated-quickly.jpg

Yeah we will see how it goes tonight when I get home.

So Friday I was planning to work on the jeep and she was cool with that. Now I just found out im supose to goto the doctor with her (I told her I would go supposedly). Thats not that bad a cpl of hours. Oh but now she wants me to go shopping with her. Why cant a woman just pick out some clothes with out asking us to watch them try everything on. Im all for it if its some victorias secret or something. On top of that now she has invited one of her friends and her husband over for dinner.

Im not a happy camper. At this rate a 1 week job is going to turn into a 4 week job.

The cherokeeforumification of naxja rolls on.

Why drill the rear shock bolts when they break? I pop the nut serts with a air chisel. Probably 2 mins a side. Then feed a bolt through with a lock washer or weld it and your done. There is no reason to spend a hour drilling a rear shock nutsert out as opposed to hanging with your family.

Why drill the rear shock bolts when they break? I pop the nut serts with a air chisel. Probably 2 mins a side. Then feed a bolt through with a lock washer or weld it and your done. There is no reason to spend a hour drilling a rear shock nutsert out as opposed to hanging with your family.

Did this about a hour ago. Worked great.

Back