• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear suspension has no droop

cherokee45

NAXJA Forum User
Re 3.5" springs extended shackles and brake lines Shocks are more then long enough. If you run the back tire up on something The flex is good but if you run a frontTire up something it does not take much To lift a rear tire.
Any ideas?

No pics i have it apart doing gears and lockers.
I don't know how old the springs are I've had it for about 4 years and they we're on it when I got the jeep.
They are not overly rusty I can still read the part number across the top of the spring and when I took them apart today they came apart fine I knocked all the loose dirt and rust off.

shocks. whats your shock length are you maxing out shocks too early ? shackle length?

can you jack up the rear with a tire off and see how far it droops? I don't expect rear 3.5" leaves to droop a whole lot in the first place , especially with a stock shackle and shocks that might be too short.

what obstacles are you climbing that the rear is coming up so fast? It could the specific line you are taking? are you following guys with 3.5" packs that don't lift? if everyone on a 3.5" pack on the same line is lifting don't sweat it. if they are all still on the ground, consider remedying it.

if there is no weight on the tire, (which there isn't, because it's lifting) droop means nothing.

Make the front flex better.

Shocks are not the issue. With them disconnected the droop is still the same and the shocks have another 4-5" of travel past that. Shackles are 1.5" extended shackles. It doesn't matter what the obstacle is be it a rock or ramp skid steer the droop is the same. If you support the unibody on each side take 1 tire of and let the jack down it won't contact the ground

Back