• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Prothane bump stop question..

Mpeckham22

NAXJA Forum User
not entirely sure how im going to be installing these prothane bumpstops on my front end this weekend... can i re-use the mounting hardware from the stock ones or is there a good method to do this? i linked the ones i got below.. just curious for input... i had a few ideas but i wanted to see what people did that worked well..
thanks

http://www.jegs.com/i/Prothane/311/19-1705/10002/-1

I got a 3" metal disc from my local scrapyard, and.bolted it to the.bump tower for a.crash.pad.

If you dont have.the.screw in bumps, it.makes things a little tougher

I have mine just free inside the coil spring and welded a large washer to the bottom of the stock bump tower. Works great.

I took some 1.5 .25 DOM i had laying around and made a post for the prothane to sit on inside the coil bucket on the axle, then did the same thing at the top with a 2x2 piece of 3/16 welded to some DOM as a striker plate for the bumpstop tower to hit. Inside i have a piece of 1" UHMW plastic rod to act as a hard stop at the correct length to prevent over travel.

Back