• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44 with LSD, how will it behave offroad?

MUKAK714

NAXJA Forum User
installing my D44 rear axle this weekend and wondering how will the LSD act when taken offroad? i have a open D30 infront with 242 TC

X2 on not using the additive

When I went from my lsd to an arb, I was surprised at how much traction the lsd had given me on loose dirt. I never assumed it did much, until I fotgot to.turn.the.locker on

probably wont notice much of a difference than open. those LSDs arent known to lock up very well

X2 on this.

The additive allow some slip and makes it operate more quietly. Removing it makes it grab more aggressively.

From my own experience LSDs are for 31s and smaller tires. Anything larger and it's the same as an open diff in the rocks. I even packed my 8.8 with the cobra carbon fiber discs extra tight. With my 35s it's useless. I'm now welding it up Lincoln locker style.

No additive!
it helps it "slip" more if you install additive. Don't use it. Plus you'll save 10$ and have more traction. Why pay more money for less traction? Its like slamming your johnson in a car door on purpose-why would you do it?. I personally hate LSD due to the lack of traction. I ran a 44 LSD (factory) and 2 different dana 30s with Truetracs. Worthless. every time I needed traction (tire in the air ) I didnt have traction, so I would be stuck flooring it with the brakes slammed down just to get traction, that sucks when the front finally catches and you are flooring it..... With a full front locker I can just creep up stuff and it pulls right up. when I had both tires on the ground I was fine, but with 35s and long arms at the time if both tires were on the ground I didn't need the extra front traction . Full locker made it worth it. just run it as is until you can afford a full locker.

Last edited:
Back