• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

door hinge pins woes

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
89 xj
I was able to use a hammer and punch to drive out the pins on the drivers side but no amount of pounding and cussing would budge the passenger side.I tried heat with a torch and pb blaster too
WTH?
Kinda thinking about renting a ball joint press and trying that.
They are just huge roll pins....
Ideas??

The passenger side pins go up from the bottom not down from the top like the drivers side.

When I pulled one of mine it gave me fits, until I figured out it had worn a ridge on the pin. I lifted the door a little, wiggled, hammered at the same time and seemed to find the magic spot to get it out. Yours may be catching on the lip or ridge.

After I got it out I noticed it really wasn't worn all that much and most of my sag was from the hinge mounts on the A pillar. The metal the hinges mounted to had stretched a little. Sure the pins were some of it, the sagging hinges most of it

Now I put a 2X4 under the door and jack it back up until the top seal makes good contact and then adjust the striker, shim and fit the door as necessary to get a fine adjustment.

Back