• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Zj project

jodaddy

NAXJA Forum User
I can pick up a 1994 zj 4.0/ auto /np249. The tcase is supposedly toast and I have a couple that I could swap in. So I was reading the Novak site about the input gears and I noticed that the 94 zj has some sort of pilot shaft coming off the tranny output. Usually the tranny output is all splined but it shows probably 1 1/2" of smooth shaft that goes into a cage bearing. so on to my questions. Anybody ever seen one of these tranny outputs? If it does have this fancy "unique" output then swapping input gears might not even work. I would ask on the zj forums but I've noticed they are generally more geared toward smoked tail lights and in dash DVD players. Thanks. Joe

I have 231 on the shop floor and and 242 in my xj that I'm not sure I like. I'll take a look at these links thanks for taking the time. Joe

Back