• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bent aluminum wheel ( video )

MUKAK714

NAXJA Forum User
i was driving home yesterday and had an old lady point out to me that my wheel in the back was wobbly.. hmm so i get home, jack it and she was right... weird thing is i couldnt tell the diff driving with a bent wheels... no shaking or weird noises from the back axle

wheels are 15x8 eagle alloy 187 with 3.25 offset with 32x11.5 bfgs, good thing i have 5 of them so the bent one will serve as a spare now

my question is what can cause such a severe damage to the wheel? i inspected the wheel and it has no signs of any damage or crack or whatever

and also can this wheel be repaired?

View My Video

I see bent alloy wheels all the time on Volvos & Toyotas (worked on them professionally, it probably happens just as often to all brands)
It doesn't take anything special. A good curb hit, a minor fender bender, etc. People don't usually know, or confess to knowing, how or when it happens.
Buy 2 (or 4, or 5) steel from Summit Racing & remember the alloys fondly.

Can't go wrong with steel wheels!

Do you have spacers on? I have seen the lettering on the brake drum cause the spacer to not seat properly. Causing wobbling.

Back