• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

True this part is only available from the dealer?

Bigelow965

NAXJA Forum User
When taking the valve cover off the '96 XJ I broke what's listed as number 2 (the 'fixed orifice fitting') in this pic below as well as the tube leading off it to the intake manifold. Guy at O'Reiley's said it's only available from the dealer, not even from NAPA. Is this true?

dak408_24.gif

Number 2, the rear orifice elbow deal, is readily available aftermarket-dorman part number 47057.
The rear hose from the elbow to the intake, I believe is strictly a dealer item. I do seem to recall that someone on here used a spark plug wire boot to replace the rubber end that tore, and it worked fine.
I'd just get the hose from the dealer, it shouldn't be very expensive.

Note from DJ
It might be this one at NAPA
1996XJ 4.0L PCV System Elbow
http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/PCV-System-Elbow/_/R-NDP6301076_0407060570
Back of Valve Cover W/ Orifice Part Number: NOE 6301076

I have used this PVC fitting on two 97+ XJs.
For the front fitting (from the valve cover to the airbox), I used the same fitting, with the orifice drilled out to allow more air flow, similar to the original.
Suggest buying 2 new grommets as the old ones get very hard with age and difficult to install the new fittings into. Dorman 42344- Available just about anywhere.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-42344

all the ones at jy were broken also. i bought some vacuum line to fit the vac tube, then i bought some small fuel line that the vac line fit in but fit over the elbow. used some black rtv to stick them together. made three more for friends.

Rockauto.com has em for like 3-5 dollars each brand new. They are all broken or about to be in the junkyards up here since they get so brittle.

Back