• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

left blinker makes hazards go on

Burton58

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i did some searching and i think this is a ground issue but i wanted to get more info based on my exact issue.

on my 2000 XJ when using the left blinker the rear hazards come on, front is normal. the right blinker works as normal. hazards work properly.

i did swap out my combination switch with one from a 99 and this left me with nothing working. any thoughts?

Check for bad grounds on the left light bulb sockets. The easiest way to check is to apply your own ground source to the bulb, with it still in the socket and with the blinkers on. When the problem goes away you found your problem. Normally it is a bad wire or socket.

Possibly could be the turn signal switch itself. Our 97 would flash both rear turns when the left turn was used. R&R the turn signal switch assembly resolved it.

Possibly could be the turn signal switch itself. Our 97 would flash both rear turns when the left turn was used. R&R the turn signal switch assembly resolved it.
i've known 2 different 98 models that this was the fix for this problem. i cant comment on the compatibility of the older switch you tested.

For mine it was just the two grounds behind the spare tire and the ground going to the fender from the battery. I refreshed those and they all worked

Back