• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gave the renix to my son, just picked up a 96 SE

CorporateOffRoader

NAXJA Forum User
So I have two quick questions:

1. I received the build sheet this morning from chrysler on the '96 and there is a line that says: Warranty Registration Card-Govt Bid - I assume that means this was a government fleet vehicle? It is pretty basic inside, but has the skid plates, HD suspension, trac-loc and ABS....oh and Stone White LOL

2. It has a TEVES Mark IVg ABS system, everything is working fine, but the brake line to the rear brakes is badly rusted, before it fails I am going to replace it. If I am careful not to drain the master cylinder and the ABS valve body, can I bleed the brakes without finding a dealer with a DRB to cycle the system?

I picked up the jeep at auction on CrankyApe.com last week, had been sitting for 4 years and had a rodent problem....so ripped out the carpet and ordered new. A/C doesn't work, but that may be a freon issue, everything else seems to work. After the interior, going to replace all the fluids and check on suspension parts. https://picasaweb.google.com/116840584327332231831/1996Cherokee?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCNKth4iKxdTH5QE&feat=directlink

Back