• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Advanced Adapters vs Rugid Ridge sye?

ib14a69

NAXJA Forum User
Im starting to gather more parts needed for my 98 xj build. Right now I am trying to decided between Advanced Adapters sye kit or the Rugged Ridge kit. Any input about either would be appreciated.

I have the AA kit in mine. Aside from a bad input gear on mine T case, the AA went together very easy, no problems. I dont about Rugged, but as fas as AA goes I would have no problem using them again

thanks for the input guys. There is only a 5 dollar price difference between the two and after a bit more research 5 dollars more for the AA and being built in the USA is worth it to me. Plus I read that the AA tech department is a lot more helpful than the other.
That being said I heard that AA used to make certain parts of the rugged ridge but doesnt sound like that is no longer the case but I guess the two look identical side by side.

rejujesa.jpg

The RR sye tail housing was machined off center
azy7upur.jpg

I had to widen the hole to allow the rail rod to move unhindered.

thanks for the input guys. There is only a 5 dollar price difference between the two and after a bit more research 5 dollars more for the AA and being built in the USA is worth it to me. Plus I read that the AA tech department is a lot more helpful than the other.
That being said I heard that AA used to make certain parts of the rugged ridge but doesnt sound like that is no longer the case but I guess the two look identical side by side.

Where is the Rugid made?

I have put in 3 rugid ridge kits all went in great
AA had a problem with the output seal spinning and leaking but if you are getting a new kit that should be fixed now

The rugged ridge kit is probably made in China along with the rest of their garbage. I have the teraflex sye kit and haven't had any problems for the two and a half years that I've had it.

I've got a stock rear setup at 5 inches of lift with a 8.8 and get a lot of flex and I've not had one issue with needing a SYE but not everyone is as cheap as I am.

Early model? 5 Spd? I got away with it too. not on the Great Model Tough...

Bronze.

I have put in 3 rugid ridge kits all went in great
AA had a problem with the output seal spinning and leaking but if you are getting a new kit that should be fixed now

I had that same problem. 3 seals later ( with in one year ) its holding. How ever I do have a very small leak comming from the tail housing area.

Back