• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

injector swap help!

blue gecko

NAXJA Forum User
Okay so im kinda picky on what I do to my jeep, I like to make sure I'm doing everything right before I start.
Okay so here is what I need help with. I have been reading for DAYS, about the right injectors for my jeep and I cant seem to find out what to go with. Oh I should probably tell you about my jeep, its a 98 I have a K&N cai, high flow cat, magnaflow muffler, and a 99+ intake.
I have read that my year pushes 23.5lb injectors and that the neon 703 injectors push 22.5lb EV4, also I read that we can run the Ford 24lb EV6 9L3-E7A and 50089 injector adapters. Which is better and why? I just need some advice before I make a purchase...

703 Injectors are plug n pray, lots of people use them. member 831 xj out of sierra chapter refurb/cleans these and sels sets for a reasonable price.
I am going to be installing a set I got from him, hopefully in the next couple weeks. I currently have the Ford Yellow top 19lb injectors in my renix. Nothing wrong with them, but could probably use a good cleaning. I got the set of 703's for cheap enough, so that is what I am doing.

703's are rated for a lower fuel pressure.At the 49 psi it will be slightly more than rated.FYI I use the 703's in my 4.6 stroker in my 96.I have monitored my short term and long term fuel trims.It usually is around - 2.3 to + 3.0 roughly both long and short.Your fine...

Thank you, its good to have someone tell you their experience. Looks like ill be looking for 703 at the gunk yard.
In your stroker the 24# still burned too rich, I want to do a stroker in the future, did you just stay with the 703s?

Last edited:
2 wheel drive auto stock 3:55 gears 235/75-15 tires...20-21 mpg highway :)
Coorect sppedo gear GPS accurate.Mine is a 96 BTW...so almost same as your set up.

Last edited:
I run the Ford 19lb injectors in my "Renix" its an HO motor with renix electronics. I ran 24lb Camaro injectors for a bit with an adjustable FPR (4mpg) and Neon injectors for a while (9MPG)
I get 12 with the Ford injectors so.. thats what im sticking with

Back