• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'88Xj: Rt. Ft. Door Sagging - No Hinge Pin Available?

RAVC1

NAXJA Forum User
How do we resolve repair issues like this? I checked www.RockAuto.com, called NAPA and Auto Value but, no replacement hinge pin or hinge assemble is available. Does this require me to remove the door then the pin and have a replacement pin fabricated by a machine shop or do I have to have a body shop replace the hinge assembly?

Possibly but, I think this would not be the best choice unless you needed to replace the hinge assembly.

It looks like a simple roll pin. Perhaps, 9/32" diameter x 2-3/8" in length but, I will not know for certain until I remove the door and get one out. I think the lower one is the issue. Unfortunately, you must remove the door to have access to remove or install it. Does anyone know for certain the size? I';; need to check my FPC to see if this is listed.

it's more likely that the welds around the door hinge to the body are cracking, they all do it eventually. especially if you sit with your doors open and your jackass friends like to lean on the door while talking to you.

Back