• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

May 17th run and shooting session

SandySteve

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Dr. Moab and some other members are planning on returning from Nevada and stopping at his favorite desert shooting site. He plans on camping on the 16th and doing some plinking on the 17th. If you are up for a run to the west desert and some target practice on the 17th please post up. Camping on the 16th is optional of course.

The location is roughly right here

I will get exact coords later on. It's a great place to camp. It's down in a hole and out of the wind. No weeds and lots of flat ground. You could honestly camp the whole chapter there.

Would it be okay if I came with my air rifle? I don't want anyone to question my manliness. I'm kind of sensitive.

You may be joking, but I can bring 2,000 rounds if you need it. They're all CCI Blazer 500ct bricks. I paid $29.88 each after tax.

Exploding targets are illegal on all Utah (northern at least) public lands.

I've also amassed 3,000 rounds of .22 and hopefully will double that by May.

Dang, I need a .22, .223 is pricey.

I'm in for the camp and shoot on this one. Will bring an AR, 12 gauge, SKS and some pistolas. And perhaps a new-to-me .22 ...

Oh, and my 11 & 8 year old boys (kids are okay or is this a man-in-the-desert type deal?)

Dang, I need a .22, .223 is pricey.

I'm in for the camp and shoot on this one. Will bring an AR, 12 gauge, SKS and some pistolas. And perhaps a new-to-me .22 ...

Oh, and my 11 & 8 year old boys (kids are okay or is this a man-in-the-desert type deal?)

No, by all means bring the kiddos. Cabelas has pmc .223 for $8 a box. That's pre-insanity pricing.

How long is this range.

25-50-100-300 yards or the rocks on the mountain are a good 500-1000 yards.

I may show but all I'll bring is a couple pellet guns an airsoft maybe the blow-dart gun as well as the crossbow. Possibly the early 1900's six shooter since it's fun to shoot.

I'll have a few.
A new AR-15 elite comp
An AR-10 .308
A handful of .22 rifles
An SR-22 pistol
A couple of 9mm, .45 and maybe a .44 mag pistol.

No air guns. Don't own any.

If I can get a scope ordered and dialed in by then, I'll bring my .308 bolt action.

I'll also bring the 338 LM, AR-15, and 10/22. Maybe my 9mm XDM.

It is. But, I couldn't sleep at night knowing you bought a box. "Cheap" .338 ammo is $3 a shot, if you can find it. So you'd be looking at the better part of a $100 bill for a box of 20.

I just got more Retumbo powder today and I have plenty of bullets. I'll load up a box of 50 and we'll make it a goal to have all 50 shot by the time we leave.

There was a guy out there last time that had a 2500 yard range set up. He had these big, like 4 foot a side boards up at 250 yard increments. Would like to have seen what he was shooting.

Back