• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

M.O.R.E. Steering Box Brace

Thanks for posting. Warrior Products also makes a similar design, and it's a little cheaper. https://www.quadratec.com/products/22518_920_07.htm

Do you have pics of where it attaches to the frame rail? I have JCR tie-in brackets for the front bumper in that location and wonder if that will interfere with the mounting holes????

Sure dont. It mounts to the inner side of the pass. side frame rail, in a L shape, and it uses the large round hole with a spacer.
Looks like the WP brace mounts to the bottom of the frame rail, and if you wanted to get into theory, Id say the more is more stronger, as is pushes against a chunk of the frame rail, where as the WP wants to shear its mounting bolts.

Looks like the WP brace mounts to the bottom of the frame rail, and if you wanted to get into theory, Id say the more is more stronger, as is pushes against a chunk of the frame rail, where as the WP wants to shear its mounting bolts.

Good point! You made my decision, assuming that I can make it work! Thanks!

Thanks for posting. Warrior Products also makes a similar design, and it's a little cheaper. https://www.quadratec.com/products/22518_920_07.htm

Do you have pics of where it attaches to the frame rail? I have JCR tie-in brackets for the front bumper in that location and wonder if that will interfere with the mounting holes????

I had to remove my JCR frame tie-in and drill out a hole for the large through bolt on the MORE brace to get it to work. Pretty straightforward.

I had to remove my JCR frame tie-in and drill out a hole for the large through bolt on the MORE brace to get it to work. Pretty straightforward.

Do you have pics? It would seem that your tie-in would no longer be flush against the rail, right?

Do you have pics? It would seem that your tie-in would no longer be flush against the rail, right?

No, the tie-in sits as it normally would. The brace I have only connects to the inner frame rail, maybe the new one is different?

Anyway, no pics of the brace, but that giant bolt/washer just ahead of the swaybar on the JCR plate runs through and connects to the MORE piece on the other side.

MORE sometimes has this item on sale, that is how I bougtht mine. Seems to do the job. I have the frame stiffeners from the front bumper past the steering bix too.

HD U bolt & fabbed up bracket

Some scrap pipe

Fit it

Bolt it up

Project cost about $10, time about 1 hour

I installed a M.O.R.E. brace last week and it works good. I did exactly what Lurch did with my JCR bumper tie in bracket. Quick install without that mod.

Back