• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Novak

PSoffe

NAXJA Forum User
Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but here goes. I posted yesterday that my 231 transfer case was locked up, basically what i think happened is that the linkage is obviously in need of adjustment in some form or another and the shifting is not taking place as smoothly as is possible an caught up between shift points. I did notice after looking at it more closely that one of the pivot points was broken.

I was able to shift it from underneath back into 2wd and all seem fine. I will dis-assemble the linkage and continue through all shift points tomorrow to see if my theory holds water and rectifies my issue.

So with that said, what do you guys think of the Novak cable shifter. It makes perfect sense to me to eliminate the "Z" linkage and go to a more purposed path.

Thoughts?

I think it is a good kit, albeit a little pricey. But if you are willing to pay, go for it.
If you check out bsfab.net (I think) they did a simple custom mod using small heim joints/all thread and a modded bracket.

Back