• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wife's XJ Build - Need help deciding which OME Spring to use...

Rubicon John

NAXJA Forum User
Being mostly a TJ/JK guy, I need your help deciding what OME front coils I need for my wife's XJ project.

My wife just bought an OR Fab Rock Slider bumper with all the add-ons (~75 lbs.), plus she's going to install one of my old winches (XRC-8) with synthetic rope on it (~55 lbs.). She already is running a Rubicon Express 2" BB/AAL lift that she's happy with since the jeep is level and she's sticking with 31" tires; however, I'm sure that the front will sag a little and handling will change with the added weight of the bumper and winch.

Saying all of that, I've been looking at ditching just the factory front coils/RE spacer and replacing them with OME 934 springs--or is that overkill and I should think about using an OME 930?

I also considered the 3" HD spring from Rusty's, but I'd feel better going with OME for her.

Thanks,
John

I have 2" Rusty's springs that are 150 lb rate. I'm happy with them. But in your case you'd probably want the HD springs.

Thanks Tony, yes I'd probably be better off with a spring rating of 180 lb per inch vs. the 150 lb for her application. I like Rusty's pricing, but had a bad experience with their products that I installed on a friend's trail dedicated XJ about 12 years ago. So, I'm on the fence about using their products again.

RE makes a 3.5" lift coil, but that will put her up too high in the front.

I have their springs and AAL and am happy with them.

RE claims a 220 lb ?? rate... which sounds really stiff.

OME is great brand too, but somewhat elusive as far as finding the details and right part, in my experience.

Dirk will steer you right, sells OME plus hybreds.

I'm extremely pleased with the OME 934 springs! These worked out better than I could have imagined. The XJ looks incredible and the ride and handling is vastly better than before.

Now, I've got to do something about her lousy brakes. They suck compared to my JKUR. I guess it's time to look into bigger rotors and calipers to stop this beast. :rof:

Where did you get the springs? About how much lift did you get out of them?

Yes, the XJ brakes do suck. The ZJ rear disc is popular swap.

I searched the usual places like Quadratec and other online jeep part stores, but found them on Amazon for about $8 cheaper with free shipping.

The 934 coils gave me an easy 2.5" over stock. The jeep looks, rides and handles better than ever.

Best of all, my wife is happy with her new setup!!! :kissyou:

The 934 will give you 2.5-3" over stock with a stock bumper. I have them on my XJ.

The spec sheets indicate they are the same spring rate as the 930 (160 lb)

Back