• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HD Offroad Shackle Relocation Brackets

COjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
So I picked up a set of HD offroad shackle relocation brackets and was wondering what everybody's thoughts or opinions were. Pro's, Con's, installation tips. Thanks.

:doh: Sorry, my lack of sleep tends to make me lazy. :D I promise next time I will use the search feature. I heard shackle relocation would help with articulation, and I got them for a good price. Was just looking to see if I made a good decision to buy them. Thanks.

These forums are so ridiculous. The vehicles have been on the road since the early 80s. The forums have been around since the late 90s. What topic hasn't been covered at this point? Lock the place and make it an archive or stop with the "JUST SEARCH JUST SEARCH YOU EVER USE THE SEARCH BUTTON?" It's as if people come on here just to type this crap.

Good luck, OP!

Should of gotten revolver shackles instead. Way more flex.

These forums are so ridiculous. The vehicles have been on the road since the early 80s. The forums have been around since the late 90s. What topic hasn't been covered at this point? Lock the place and make it an archive or stop with the "JUST SEARCH JUST SEARCH YOU EVER USE THE SEARCH BUTTON?" It's as if people come on here just to type this crap.

Good luck, OP!

It's almost as if you signed up for the forum (which you find ridiculous) just to be an asshat. Way to go!

^
Now thats full of truth.

I have these on mine, i have the 2 gen. Didn't like how the first lined up on a mall crawler i seen done. The Gen 2 was a easy install, have done a few set ups now. I wouldn't do the Gen 3's , don't like the fact you have to cut things up.
DO NOT USE your stock shackles they hit/bottom out on the bracket.

Good luck

Should of gotten revolver shackles instead. Way more flex.

I looked into these, I just didn't know if they would hold up to 1 tons down the road.

If you don't mind major unloading, I ran revolvers for about two months. They sucked.
There's was a little sarcasm. Rode with a friend who had a set of revolvers, they lasted one wheel in trip

^
Now thats full of truth.

I have these on mine, i have the 2 gen. Didn't like how the first lined up on a mall crawler i seen done. The Gen 2 was a easy install, have done a few set ups now. I wouldn't do the Gen 3's , don't like the fact you have to cut things up.
DO NOT USE your stock shackles they hit/bottom out on the bracket.

Good luck

Thank you!

I just installed a set of the no lift ones from them. I been riding for a week on them with stock shackles. I may swap the stock shackles and go back to my TNT boomerang on there (havent bottomed out yet). Install wasnt bad. I would say on a scale of 1-5 with 5 being easy it was a 4. I used normal tools, wrenches (19mm-22mm), sawsall, and grinder. All in all good ride quality achieved and that is why I bought them.

I just installed a set of the no lift ones from them. I been riding for a week on them with stock shackles. I may swap the stock shackles and go back to my TNT boomerang on there (havent bottomed out yet). Install wasnt bad. I would say on a scale of 1-5 with 5 being easy it was a 4. I used normal tools, wrenches (19mm-22mm), sawsall, and grinder. All in all good ride quality achieved and that is why I bought them.

Sweet, good to know. I have 1 1/2 shackle extensions with my lift kit, so hope they get the shackle at the 45 deg it needs. Thanks for the info.

I ran the bolt in relocation brackets and absolutely loved them. Would buy and install again any day without hesitation.

Not as much of a fan of the 'no lift' brackets. Installed them, and then removed them again. Might work better on a less modified vehicle, but they didn't fit mine very well.

Back