• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

part time light not on

MUKAK714

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 242 TC and ever since i got my XJ only the FULL TIME light comes on.. is it a light bulb? fuse?

and also i never shifted my jeep all the way down to 4LO, does it have its own light also?

Full Time and Part time have their own bulbs in the panel. 4 Low will show Part Time.

I have a photo of the panel with a light shining through it to illustrate what you want, but I can't post photos on NAXJA

FWIW, here's how to shift your transfer case:

Here's how the factory suggests you shift the transfer case and I've been doing this since these things were new and I worked at the dealership. Quoted from the owner's manual. The suggestions in ITALICS are mine.

"To engage, shift the transfer case lever from 2H to 4H while the vehicle is moving at any legal speed". I let off the gas, throw the lever, and then tap the gas and let off.

4L position: " To engage, slow the vehicle to 2-3 MPH , shift the transmission to Neutral, then shift the transfer lever to the right and pull firmly rearward to 4L".

To shift out of 4L, shift the transmission into neutral with the vehicle stopped, shift the transfer case lever to 2H, then to D if you have an automatic, or into first gear with a manual, and continue on.

Revised 01-31-2014

Back