• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which part now?

bradleyheathhays

NAXJA Forum User
About to upgrade the '96 XJ's stock headlights with a new harness to get the current off the switch and new X4 housings, although I need some help with putting my finger on the right part on ebay. Could someone point me to the right Autopal E-code H4 housing for my truck? 90/100. Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks for the link Don, although I'm still a little confused.

The title says Euro, but this headlight isn't E-code? Are they two different things?

Not sure what a city light is, although this one says 'City Lights' in the title, but it's still not the right one?

Also, you mentioned this seller is out of the correct housing although this one seems to be the right housing, and they're for sale. But this still isn't the correct one?

Thanks bud

What is 'City Lights?'

I believe I've found the right H4 Autopal headlight upgrade I'm looking for on eBay and the seller offers a 'City Lights' option upgrade for $2. I've been told I should get this but not sure what this is. What is this 'City Lights?' Is it the lens?

I recommend IPF or Cibie H4 housings.

Re: What is 'City Lights?'

Thanks for the link Don, although I'm still a little confused.

The title says Euro, but this headlight isn't E-code? Are they two different things?

Not sure what a city light is, although this one says 'City Lights' in the title, but it's still not the right one?

Also, you mentioned this seller is out of the correct housing although this one seems to be the right housing, and they're for sale. But this still isn't the correct one?

Thanks bud

This is the correct lens, just with City Lights added. City lights are a small extra light in the housing that gives off some light without turning on the headlights. I don't know what the original purpose is but you don't need them. Not doing anything with that bulb should not hurt anything though. So it's the correct lens, in that it is the pattern you want, but the "incorrect" housing since it's got the city lights. My understanding though is that the city lights don't have any effect if you don't want to use them, so if you want the AutoPals, buy this set.

I believe I've found the right H4 Autopal headlight upgrade I'm looking for on eBay and the seller offers a 'City Lights' option upgrade for $2. I've been told I should get this but not sure what this is. What is this 'City Lights?' Is it the lens?

See above, I wouldn't get City Lights, definitely not for an extra charge, but they shouldn't hurt anything. Personal preference.

E-code, usually means Euro spec.

Back