• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what am I missing or forgetting.

kippo1

NAXJA Forum User
Ok this is going to be used for a long camping trip exploring vehicle. I have been acquiring parts for a while now some came with the jeep like the lift for example and the guy never installed it. So he gave it with the jeep when I bought it.

Here is a list of what I have acquired so far.

1. Rough country 4.5 lift with long arms.
2. Adjustable track bar.
3. Pitman arm
4. Gears f and r
5. Aussie lockers f and r
6. Sye
7. Frame stiffiners
8. Cv drive shaft
9. Extended stainless brake lines
10. 12,000 lb winch
11. 2 gallons of monstaliner
12. Material for building roof rack, winch bumper, and
rear swing out tire carrier bumper.
13. Jcr front unibody tie in with steering spacer
14. Jcr rear unibody tie in

things still looking for
1. Tires and wheels 33x10.5x15 or step up to a 16 wheel
for more tire options.
2. Hub bearings
3. Tie rod ends
4. Ball joints
5. Np231 transfer case rebuild kit
6. Off road lights.

Ok so if you think of somethin im missing post it up.

Thanks.

I see you are already familiar with JCR. They also offer a spindle for a swingout separately. For tie rod ends, look into the ZJ parts. Direct replacement and much stronger. Everything else looks good. I personally wouldn't run a RC lift, but you already have it and to each their own. Same with the 12k winch. An XJ would be fine with 8K.

Yeah I know on the winch but traded about 150.00 worth of ammo for it and it was new in box so I couldnt pass it up.

I recommend the Tera 2Low kit for the NP231. It really comes in handy.

5. I had issues with a front Aussie locker. Admittedly, while being very stupid. Detroit/air leaker/other full case lockers. If manual transmission, open/limited traction/air leaker in the rear.

10. Reputable 8,000 lb winch will be more than sufficient. Buy a snatch block and extension rope.

11. No.

5I had issues with a front Aussie locker. Admittedly, while being very stupid. Detroit/air leaker/other full case lockers. If manual transmission, open/limited traction/air leaker in the rear.

10. Reputable 8,000 lb winch will be more than sufficient. Buy a snatch block and extension rope.

11. No.

Selectable lockers are hard to come by used but I would love to have them.

winch was a good deal. Supose to get snatch block and other stuff from a guy this weekend.

Monsta liner yes lol

I've used Monstaliner on the rocker panels on my previous WJ after I did some repair work. Color matched the Metallic black color of the truck quite well. Also the texture was not wrinkly at all, very smooth. It all depends on the equipment used to put the liner on the truck. The liner held up very well. Did not fade or chip at all in the years time it was on. I will be using it on the interior of the tub on my 416 trailer.

I am not condoning putting the liner on the entire vehicle(just looks ridiculous IMO). However if it is used on the lower portion of the truck, from the molding on the lower doors and down, then it looks okay.

But it's your truck, do whatever you want.

I recommend the Tera 2Low kit for the NP231. It really comes in handy.
I don't know if the OP has the same question or not but I will ask it anyways. In what kind of situation would the Teraflex 2low kit come in handy? What are the benefits? I've seen the kit many places, just can't figure out when you would actually "need" it.

Give you lower gearing in 2wd. Some obstacles and situations do not require 4wd, but a lower gear for power to the wheels. Also, have you ever made/tried to make a sharp turn in 4wd? It binds up, so that is another situation. Sure someone else can probably explain better /more.

I don't know if the OP has the same question or not but I will ask it anyways. In what kind of situation would the Teraflex 2low kit come in handy? What are the benefits? I've seen the kit many places, just can't figure out when you would actually "need" it.
We have a ton of very sharp switchbacks here. In 4wd the front end plows and doesn't turn very well. In 2wd I can crank the wheel and blip the throttle to sling the rear around and very rarely have to make a multipoint turn.

That makes perfect sense the way the both of you explained it. You get the benefit of the lower gearing like you are in 4L but only get power sent to the rear wheels. For the price of the kit it is definitely worth it as long as you are in the Transfer Case doing some other upgrades.

I didn't mean to slightly de-rail this thread but now the OP should understand what was suggested to him in his build as well as some others who wanting to understand what options the Tera Kit can give them.

The Terra 2 low kit is perfect for when that punk kid in the lowered rice burner with the fart can exhaust pulls up next to you at the stop light and revs his little puny motor :GEE:

I luv smoking those rice rockets, even with my 33" tires.....lame imports...

Back