• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle Alignment Help

chris420

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 6 inch lift and need to adjust the lower and upper arms as they are out of whack. What is the best way to center the front axle left to right and front to back? It looks like my axle is to far forward and the pinion is pointing down to much. I will be replacing hiems and Johnny joints with Metal Cloak bushings and replacing the factory bushings on the axle were the upper arms connect. My lift is a long arm 6 inch.

To set the wheelbase, if you don't want to pull the factory 101.3" from the rear, pull the coils and put the axle at full compression and make sure the panhard and drag link fit in the space available, and the bump stops line up.

I like to measure straight forward from rear axle to front on each side, and pull the diagonal measurements from the same points, to make sure the axles are parallel and centered to each other.

To center the front axle laterally, put a centerline mark under the oil pan, and pull from there to either ballpoint. This should not conflict with the previous measurements.

To set the wheelbase, if you don't want to pull the factory 101.3" from the rear, pull the coils and put the axle at full compression and make sure the panhard and drag link fit in the space available, and the bump stops line up.

I like to measure straight forward from rear axle to front on each side, and pull the diagonal measurements from the same points, to make sure the axles are parallel and centered to each other.

To center the front axle laterally, put a centerline mark under the oil pan, and pull from there to either ballpoint. This should not conflict with the previous measurements.

My jack will not lift the jeep up high enough to get the springs out so I will need to get the spring compression tool thing.

Jack under the axles, stands under the frame as high as they go, pull the wheels, lower the axle until the rotors are on the ground?

Ok will do didn't pull the wheels last time is attempted. Thanks for the help

Back