• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bent uca's

watchmefly023

NAXJA Forum User
First set of Uca on the jeep when I bought it lasted 10000 miles then figured out they bent bought another set a month ago maybe 1500 miles on them and drivers side is bent and the other one is almost snapped clean. What's causing this! 1999 jeep cherokee ex 4.5 lift stock uca's

Id buy a set of aftermarkets, I wheeled stock arms on 3" for a while and with no sway bars they flex good but the flex comes from the actual arm flexing, that metal fatigues after a while and mine twisted like a damn pretzel screwing up my pinion angle
It's demanding a lot more from them then they were designed for

yeah the stock arms are not meant to be twisted......

You bent a factory sheet metal Uca, replaced it with another pos sheet metal Uca, and you are wondering what the problem is? Those factory arms are marginal on a stock jeep. Increase the operating angle, add bigger tires, and actually wheel and you will keep folding them.

Do an alignment on jackstands, measure, fab, repeat. Or throw some rod ends on the frame side and boom! Adjustable upper control arms.

That's a decent idea! And I bought the jeep with the lift and it never used to lean or bend uca's I wheeled for a whole year then one day my jeep started leaning and my uca's were bending. The guy who relocated it did it weird, instead of drilling a hole over he lowered it and welded a different mount under the old one???

Yea you have to ditch the stock arms they never last, especially when you go over 4" lift. if it sat level before the ucas bent I'd assume it was them causing the lean. That trac bar mount sounds sketchy how was his fab work?

Kinda sloppy weld.. Never noticed it then my buddy and I got looking and he asked me why I didn't drill a new hole for the track at I'm like what? And he's like yeah it's lowered instead! I might remove the mount align my axle and drill the new hole. And my track bar might be bent a little. When I winter wheel sometimes the I've on the mud holes broke and axle would drop through and the steering parts really took a beating breaking through the ice..

If you go thru the trouble of taking it off id buy a adjustable, well worth the money, I'd stay away from rustys tho. The Trac bar isn't something to cut corners on IMO it can get dangerous

Yup, I've had the bolt at the frame end snap on me. Luckily I was going 5mph and was done wheeling for the day. Steering was non existent until I replaced the bolt. Can we get a pic of this lowered mount? If it was done wrong then it might be your issue. I know the stock arms are not designed for what we do but I have yet to crack one of my uppers on 4.5" and I wheel the crap out of it in the rocks. No sense in upgrading if you have other issues needing to be resolved.

Back