• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who were...

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
...the guys that had the big army truck.

I passed them in my town on the way home...their route of travel put them less than a couple miles from my house...which is always good to know.

mac 'must of been loud because they had headsets on' gyvr

They had the red XJ that was in front of us on your Saturday ride Mac. I do remember the license was from Ohio. Unfortunately I don't remember their names.

I'll PM you my number, the exit where I got off in Fort Wayne after going through downtown is only a couple miles from my house if you ever make the trip through there and need something.

How much further is your house into Ohio?

mac 'we figured that your top speed is why you went through town instead of taking the interstate around' gyvr

I live just past Defiance, so it was about an hour from where you past us. Yea I made the mistake of taking 469 last year not so much the speed as its the suspension works great for articulation but tries to launch you out of the cab hitting bumps at speed.

The southern 469 route is awful!

mac 'if I take it...it's a test of trailer straps' gyvr

re6u6e6y.jpg

mac 'in action' gyvr

I live just past Defiance, so it was about an hour from where you past us. Yea I made the mistake of taking 469 last year not so much the speed as its the suspension works great for articulation but tries to launch you out of the cab hitting bumps at speed.
You aren't kidding... my hips were black and blue from bouncing off the seatbelt for 10 hours on PA's jointed highways when I drove mine home in 2010.

- Ken "tailgunner on my little convoy said my rears were jumping 4 inches off the road" Stein

Back