• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To Boomerang or Not to Boomerang?

MagicNelson

NAXJA Forum User
I'm piecing together what I need to run long arms by the summer time. Currently, I have a 3" lift with full leaf packs and 3" lift coils on 31s. My goal is to be at 4.5" give or take on 32s. I scored some JKS ACOS on Craigslist not too long ago for super cheap so the front end is covered. Now I'm thinking about what I'm going to do in the rear. So far, I'm pretty set on doing a combination of HD Offroad relocation brackets and a longer shackle to get me that extra 1.5" of lift back there.

My question is in regards to what type of shackle is best to run in conjunction with the relocation brackets. I've read that a boomerang shackle doesn't bottom out on the bracket under compression as easy but I'm not sure how much different it would be compared to a standard shackle. I would prefer to not cut off the backs of the relocation brackets if I don't have to. Anybody have some insight? Thanks in advance.

I have Zone boomerangs and I'm happy with them. I put them and new bilstien shocks in the same time, and the ride was very noticeably improved, but I couldnt tell you which made more of a difference. The last thing I'll do with the rear is a set of relocation brackets, but thats far enough down the list.

Back