• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shifter bezel / gear selector fix?

Mrbreeze824

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys got a 99 Cherokee sport w/ auto tranny. Down where the gear selector is has fell down into the console does anyone know how to fix it. I know the gear pattern and it's not a big deal put I pulled the console, but couldn't figure out how to repair it. I think it may have a missing piece or something. Thanks for the help in advance.

do you have a pic of what actually happened? sounds like the tabs broke off either the console or the bezel, the fix would be replacing either (or both)

x2 on what Grimmjeeper said... it sounds like you need a pick-n-pull visit with a $20 in your pocket, probably get everything you need.

The shifter grip comes off, just put it in the 1-2 position and then pull back on the handle hard. Don't forget to put it in 1-2 unless you want to punch yourself in the nose or break your windshield.

Back