• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone got a front bumper template?

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Since my jeep is dd it's kinda hard to take apart the front end and trace the front frame for a bumper lol I know bmikes had a template to build the braces but was wondering if anyone else does too? Just need to borrow it a bit to trace it and make my own template to have. Let me, thank!

I'd just take the time to do it yourself. Spend some time with the tape measure laying out the mounting holes, transfer those measurements to the Fruit Loops box, modify (trust me you will), and then finally transfer to your steel.

I found several "templates" online for when I built my very first bumper. I found none of them to line up correctly. I've always just taken the time to layout the holes for every bumper I've made. I then at least know it's going to fit how I want it to (especially if things aren't quite square to begin with...).

If you go to the junkyard with your supplies you could make a template but I think I have a pdf with measurements, Ill check when I get home.

You can also skip the measuring process and use a socket that matches the holes in the unibody to punch holes in your cardboard kinda like making a gasket. Then you can transfer it to the steel and not have to worry about your measurements being 100% accurate.

Last edited:
I've tried that one before, and those two front most two bolts are like 1" off in the X axis if I remember right... I could be wrong though

you can still use my templates that I made out of 3/8" steel. great for clamping on to what you are going to make it out of to cut and drill. all holes work great and have been used on a few XJs

I'd just take the time to do it yourself. Spend some time with the tape measure laying out the mounting holes, transfer those measurements to the Fruit Loops box, modify (trust me you will), and then finally transfer to your steel.

I found several "templates" online for when I built my very first bumper. I found none of them to line up correctly. I've always just taken the time to layout the holes for every bumper I've made. I then at least know it's going to fit how I want it to (especially if things aren't quite square to begin with...).

Having built three front bumpers now, Im going to have to x2 what Torx said.

Everything online might be slightly wrong, or you will end up modifying it to the extent you should have just used something you made from scratch.

Front bumper is held on with six bolts, shouldnt take you more than 10 minutes to take it off, and you can use the cardboard from your 30 rack to make the templates. Leave the bumper off, or re install if you need it for legal reasons.

Good luck!

Back