• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Camping

Fred

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
We'll be at Chalk Creek this year.

http://www.chalkcreek-campground.com/

It's nice, with shade, picnic tables, and a great campfire ring by the creek.

I haven't worked out all the details as to where one pays. The rate they ask for is $10/night/person, but we are working on that.

We're planning on the usual dinner and raffle. We've talked about moving it to Sat. night. All input is welcome.

Just show up, stop at the office tell them you are with NAXJA. The trailer and tow rig have to be parked behind the office. They'll show you.

Saturday night for the Raffle would probably be best. I foresee a lot of people using Sunday to load up and leave.

Any update on the rate per person/night?

I'll also be showing up Wed. I'm thinking of getting there in the afternoon. When are we allowed to show up and start occupying the group site?

I have an email from them stating the total bill is 854.40 for 20 people/4 nights. I'm assuming they want me to collect for them, that's what the previous visits have done. The chapter has $100 down, so the balance is 754.40. If we somehow have over 80 people-nights, I don't know if they will charge more. I'm thinking we have to keep it at $10/night.

They don't give a specific policy for the group site, but normal tent site check-in begins at 1 PM. That's the Springs group plan, currently.

And I just got word from Sequoia that raffle items are on the way. No listing of said items was given.

You guys are planning to show up about 1? Ok, that'll work. I want to take my son over to K's in BV for lunch so I should be able to get checked in a little after 1.

Back