• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

traded vehicles again

thanks all ! i tell ya you cant wipe the grin off my wives face when she romps on it and that hemi just goes ! lol and i like driving my xj again its not plush as my larimie dodge but its alot easier to park then my truck was. now if only i could stuff a hemi in the xj .....:)

I sold my F-250 4x4 Crew Cab SB PS Diesel and bought the Grand Cherokee the truck was loaded a King Ranch. But the "Overland" is sweet also, I do miss not having a truck at times. My wife still has one like mine but a LB that I use.

Three weeks ago a friend bought a new GC with the Hemi and he was talking about it at breakfast when he said how fast it was. After breakfast we went to the edge of town and lined them up I expected him to blow me away. Off the line I was 2 lengths ahead and at the 1/4 mi. about 11 lengths ahead. He was very surprised as I was my 4.7HO and 3.73 gear told the story, its an amazing little motor but I thought his CI's would tell more on the big end.

ya those newer 4.7s are great motors my dad just bought a 2012 ram 1500 4 door with a 6 inch pro comp and has 20s with 35s it rides and drives like its not lifted.. you can tell its a little short on power but not nearly as much as i thought it would be. i know my 5.7 is 345hp and the new 4.7s have 310 so they do very well. the hemi to me feels like it has much more torq and i love that since i got rid of my cummins... I dunno wtf is going on with his hemi if you beat him with a 4.7 i love the 4.7 but somethings up with his hemi for him to lose.

For one thing he was asleep on the line I think and he shifted manually, I don't think he knew where his power and tq curves were ie. bad shifts.

More on the driver than his Jeep. I bought my first new car in 1966 a Dodge Cornett with a 426 Hemi and a Auto Trans a first for both. I had always raced with a 4 speed but that forever changed till I stopped racing in 2009, not by choice.

Back