• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winch install question

JWheeler

NAXJA Forum User
Installing a xrc8 winch on my orfab bumper. The hole for the winch line to come through the mounting plate is near the upper mounting holes. And this is where I mounted the rollers. But the line comes off the bottom of the drum. This seems like it would put a lot of strain on the lower roller even on a straight pull. This is my first winch so there is a good chance I have done something wrong. Or is this normal? Thanks for the help. I want to make sure I have this installed properly before I need to use it.

Last edited:
Here is a pic

gyhu8edy.jpg

sunamema.jpg

I my self wouldn't like it setup that way. I just dont like how it puts the cable in a hard angle before it even leaves the gate. Can you drill a new hole and lower the roller? Or was that made for a hawes maybe?

If I move the roller down, the cable will contact the winch mount plate. You can kinda see it in the 2nd to last pic. Is there any reason I can't just flip the winch over so the cable comes off the top instead of the bottom of the drum?

So just reverse the cable. Not that difficult..

Back