• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sye transfer case help please

995speed

NAXJA Forum User
99 XJ 5 speed 4.0

Okay so maybe someone on here can help me out with this. I have an np231 with an Sye kit in it. The tail shaft seal leaks. IM giving it a quart of atf fluid almost every a week. The seal is an easy fix that i am more than capable off doing. The trouble is Idk who makes this sye.kit because I bought it from a friend who bought it from another friend. The transfer case functions perfectly shifts like new no growling or grinding just the seal is the problem.Would any trail shaft seal for a231 sye kit work or are they all different sizes? I looked all over the transfer case for some sort of identification as to who makes the sye kit with no luck so I really need some help.

This will happen on every one that I have seen, you can take the seal and cross reference to a seal with double or triple lip seal and it will help. I have thought about using an oil slinger to stop the pressure of the fluid hitting the seal. Will let you know how this goes as I am working on a buddy's 231 SYE and wide chain and sprocket setup. But right now I have a triple lipped seal and it just barely leaks like a few drops.

Back